Saturday, September 18, 2010

颱風。

Today I'm locked up in the house because of a typhoon that's hitting Taiwan today and tomorrow. Lots of rain and lots of wind. It's good because I get a chance to relax but I'd much rather be out doing something.

Friday was my birthday! I turned 16. :D It's been brought to my attention by the other exchange students that I'm among the babies of the group. There are only two other girls that are still 15.. but it's all good! That day at school I went about my normal schedule. In the morning I started making my first origami ribbon cricket, which I was surprisingly good at. ;] We didn't have time to finish it though, so I have half a cricket on my desk right now. x) In balloon class I learned how to make a dog! I'll make sure to take pictures of that as soon as I make another one. At lunch time I went to my main classroom where I was presented with a couple gifts and some separate cards and also a book filled with pictures and a little letter from everybody in class wishing me a happy birthday. It was insanely sweet reading through all of their notes with all of their cute English mistakes. Some of the letters:

"Hello!! Isabel~~ Is me Yaris. :)
Do you remember we go to Taipei zoo? We are happy! This is our first time to go out. It's so sweet, and you are so cute. Our time is sweet & happy & funny!! You always talking with we! It's really good, you are a friendly foreigner, I'm so love you! You have big blue eyes, and beautiful face and sweet voice, you are really really so cute!! Happy birthday to you, be happy :) I love you."

"You are very kind. I won't be nervous to talk to you. If you go back to America, we'll very sad. So don't go!! Stay here until we graduate!! by Allen"

"Hey~Isabel :) Welcome to Taiwan and come to our class. You're such a lovely and pretty girl. We guys like you so much, we learned many things from you. I wish that we can teach you some Chinese, too. We'd love to help you anything. And it's glad that you always say that I'm a cute boy. I've very happy to heard that! ^v^ And in this important day, I just wa
nt to tell you: Happy birthday.
Cute boy, Albert.
I'll miss you, don't forget us, okay?"

It's all so sweet. I like died when they gave it to me.. and despite all this they still want to have more of a celebration. It would have been today, but because of the typhoon I dunno anymore. I'll let them decided and let me know. xD Hahah, I realize I've become totally unrestricted when telling boys that they're handsome or cute. I make sure to let them know if I think so. xD So many of them are absolutely adorable I just wanna take them home and keep 'em as a stuffed animal. :D

After school I got home and quickly headed out to go out to dinner. Other than talking with Isabel (other exchange student, her mother is from Beijing so she is already basically fluent) and Babette it was totally boring. It was more of a let's use Isabel's birthday as an excuse to get the host families together and have the adults discuss arrangements. It's all good, though. Figure I'm gonna have to put up with that on occasion.

Yesterday was insanely fun, though! We went to a water park and it wasn't that crowded because a typhoon was on its way. Apart from the rides, which were all crazy fun, the lifeguards were pretty good too. Although I'm pretty sure most of them were gay (pink speedos and just that attitude) it doesn't mean I couldn't appreciate them! xD

I didn't get any pictures of them but I'll steal some of the other students':



Hahahah, love ittt. xD Afterwards a group of us exchange students headed over to Ximen and did some shopping a got up to some mischief before heading home for the night. Today the typhoon is officially here so I can't go out, but this morning I skyped with my family for the first time since I left! It was nice to see them, but I still haven't seen Laurel! :o Next week, I shall. Tomorrow I'm not sure if we have school or not because of the typhoon, but I hope we do! I don't wanna be in the house all day. D;

Until I write again.. :]

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting photos Honey! It was so good to see your face yesterday. Those comments from your classmates are so cute. I'm sure you're charming everyone, as usual. Love and Kisses,
    Mom
    PS: Laurel is sad that she missed seeing you. She'll be here next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speedos don't always equal gay. A lot, but not always. :)
    Great post. Cute letters.
    Happy b-day again.

    ReplyDelete