Sunday, September 12, 2010

在圖書館。

I'm in the library right now at my school! I'm so happy with my school you have no idea. Even with all its disorganization and chaos, it's absolutely awesome. They set up a schedule for us that is amazing and I still get to be around a bunch of the kids at school all the time. I really like them, too! Only some of them bug me.. Like that girl I mentioned in the last post. Ugggh. So creepy. I wonder if she'll catch on.. I hope so.

Some of the kids got put into really good schools in Taipei. That sounds just spiffy at first, but think about how the Asian education symstem centers around hardcore memorization of everything.. This equals insane studying and cram school.. which equals everybody at these good schools ignoring the exchange students. I want them to get a transfer to my cute ghetto school so badly. D;

Yesterday I just sort of chilled. I slept in, read, then I got invited to a birthday party by one of the exchange students so I decided to go just because I'd be doing nothing else that day. Said exchange student's Father is friends with a couple who live here in Taipei and it was their twins' birthday. He was a white guy who married to an Asian woman so we joked about that saying he was one of "thooose guys". We get to the party and it's filled with a bunch of "thooose guys". Just a bunch of white dudes and their wives. Plus, they were all from Canada so I was still an outsider. xD They were nice though and it was an excuse to get some well cooked Chinese food. :D

Today I had Chinese class.. Then had lunch with some exchange students sort of. We went to subway and I was appalled by the prices (same as in the US x]) so I just split a cookie and a drink with a friend. Now I'm here! Just thought I'd add a quick blog while I'm in the library doing nothing.. I'm joining my main class next period because I have no idea where this supposed music class is. Meh. I'm an exchange student I can do what I want! :o Now I have to pee but the bathrooms here are soooo gross. Eww, squatty potties are from Satan. Speaking of Satan, have you seen the preview for that Devil movie? That looks so scary! I wanna see it! o.o

My birthday is this Friday! I'm excited! And worried.. I really hope my night doesn't just consist of going out to dinner with the families I'm going to be staying with and their current exchange students.. I'd rather be with my current host family or my friends. Whatever. I don't really get to choose, I suppose. :/ I'll make it fun either way! :O

Until next time... ;)

5 comments:

  1. I never got good at those squatty potties either. How are you supposed to do it with pants on? I just don't understand the physical coordination involved. I'm going to miss you so much on your birthday...When can we skype? You set the time! And stay away from the stalking girl...
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen the Devil preview. I usually like M.Night.Shamalamadingdong movies (I will misspell it if I really try, so I don't bother trying), but I think I'll skip this one.
    Elevators are already creepy enough.
    If I had to use a squatty potty, I would develop some major stoppage issues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shamalamadingdong? Do whop a doobie Do? Ramalamalamalama ka dingadee ding da bop...We'll always...be together....I love Grease! We've watched it about 25 times lately as it's Laurel's new favorite movie...Thanks, Is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Isabel! I'm so glad your Mom shared your blog with me! It's great hearing how you are doing over there! I'm so glad you are having such a great time! Can't wait to hear more!

    Godmother Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chang chang, chang-ty chang-ty bob. Do wop di doodi doodio shoobi do woop di wop.

    ReplyDelete