Monday, September 6, 2010

胃灼熱。

weizhuore. I didn't think it would come to this but I am now memorizing how to say heartburn in Chinese. I just suffered a brutal attack and thankfully it's over now. I swear to God I wouldn't even wish that pain on my worst enemy. D; I'm upset that I worried my host family somewhat but I'm so happy it didn't happen at school. With the language barrier they would have thought I was dying. Goodness.

Lemme seee. What have I done over the past few days? Well, Saturday I went to a welcome party con mis amigos where they had a bunch of food that I've never seen before. Needless to say I tried everything I had never eaten before. Despite this massive eating the scale here reads that I've actually lost weight. Awesome, much? It was a lot of fun. Something I've discovered here is that many Asian men look much younger than they actually are. Me and some exchange students were talking with a group of young adults at the party and I thought they were all in there young twenties. Most of them were, but some were 32 or 33 and I was like (:O). You look so young! I had a green bean (not the green bean-green beans but like beans that are green) popsicle. That was intense.

We can get away with saying any bad word here in front of the Taiwanese. They all know the words and that they're slang, but they don't know how bad they are. x]

Then on Sunday I went with some people from school to the Taipei zoo! That was fun but it was especially hot on Sunday. And it rained. A lovely combination. D; It was still fun, though! I was with a group of girls and two boys for the day. Holy poo, one of them was so outrageously gay it's not even funny. I'll be the first to say my gaydar is awful but when it's obvious it's obvious. He wasn't hiding it or anything, we discussed how cute our math teacher is, but he's just so gay it's adorable! xD

Today I went to Chinese class which was just more bopomofo and tone practice. Then I got to school where I went to the library, worked on my speech, and played ping pong with Kenese. Just a pretty chill day. I had this weird ass sandwich that I picked up from a 7/11.. Haha, I love how the process of eating here is for us exchange students, it's always "Oh my god, yesterday, I ate this thing.. I have noooo idea what it was but it was so good!" xD It's kinda fun for it to be a mystery. o.O I got home, had dinner, then went with my host parents to costco to compare with the one back home. I'm not sure if it being two floors and with basement parking a difference for Taiwan-US or big city-small city. Pretty sure it's the city one. They had basically all the same products as they do back home, but more a Asian foods too. :]

Then I got home, was about to take a shower, then you know. Evilness took over me and an alien tore out from inside my chest and once it was free proceeded to beat my already injured body. D; Don't be jealous. >.<


5 comments:

  1. Hey Honey! I'm so sorry that you had a heartburn attack!! You definitely need to travel with your tums and other medicines, along with the sentence... "I am suffering from bad heartburn" written out in mandarin on a card so you can just hand it to someone if you're in pain. I meant to ask you....do you take Chinese class at a different location from your high school? And also, please post a picture of yourself in your school uniform. I'm sure you look adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My gaydar is malfunctioning so terribly that it's rather sad. You'd think I'd be better with subtleties after Renaissance faire.
    Congrats on the surprise weight loss. The sushi place near my house serves a bean ice cream, but it's slightly pink. And slightly delicious. Though I do generally opt for the green tea ice cream.
    Again, I babble.
    You should develop some of your own curse words since no one knows what you're talking about anyway. In the Fever series, the lead and her sister replaced 'ass' with 'petunia' so they wouldn't get in trouble with their mom... then ended up using it so regularly it became ingrained. You may enjoy that series, actually. The author is Karen Moning.
    http://www.sidhe-seersinc.com/
    And I'm still babbling.
    Glad you're having fun. Glad you didn't die.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!! Isabel, this is where you ran off to! I'm really glad you're okay after that attack! Taiwan, Taiwan, Taiwan... it's good that you're having so much fun there! With your enthusiasm, becoming a linguist is going to be no problemo! However, it's really sad that most people our age wouldn't appreciate being where you are right now. Eep, gotta go, do what your mom says and put up that picture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Isabel, this is the last time I am trying today if this doesn't go through!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, it worked thanks to your mom. I sent you something today let me know when you get it so I can gage how long it takes to mail things to you! Love you, AA xoxo

    ReplyDelete