Saturday, October 2, 2010

對不起。

I've been bad at updating my blogs lately. I'll try to be better. It's difficult because I'm so busy, but then if I don't blog often I have so many things to talk about!

Well, on Sunday what did I do? Oh! I went to Miramar! It's a big mall in Taipei (didn't buy anything there, of course.. too expensive) and it has a gigantic ferris wheel. Except, it moves so slowly it doesn't even look like it's moving. I went with Faith from Canada and we just took it easy, went on the ferris wheel and a merry go round, then hit up a starbucks and flirted with the cute barista boy behind the counter. xD After this we got together with more exchange students and hung out until about 7:30. By this time it felt so much later than it was and we just decided to go home and relax. It was a good lazy Sunday.

School was pretty much the same as it usually is. More interesting, funny, and awkward moments with my classmates. Except more and more of them know our names now, which leads them to think we're best friends and they scream at us from great distances. High school buildings are really tall here, and they have balcony-like things where the kids go during breaks. It's a bit scary to have random Asian kids you don't know screaming your name from five floors up.

They rescheduled our speech again. Third time now. I'm beginning to think we'll never do it.. I sort of hope so too. This apparently has happened for quite a few exchange students so I won't let it bother me too much.

On Friday I had a Rotary meeting so I got to leave school early. The main benefit of these Rotary meetings is the free food. The thing is 90% held in Taiwanese, not Mandarin, so I wouldn't be able to understand anything if I tried. I'm supposed to go at least once a month, though, and I'm fine with that. Julia and I just talk, collect our allowances, and eat whatever is put in front of us. All I can say is thank god I haven't gained weight since I got here. When this was over I went out to Ximen and got my hair did! It's not that different but I got my bands chemically straightened so they're not insane anymore. So happy. I got layers too. :] After my hairdresser was done cutting it and everything she curled my hair and I swear afterwards I looked so Asian. All I needed to complete the job was fake eyelashes and a ton of eyeliner. After this I went to a little night market with some classmates. They're so cute. :D

Then today I left the house at 8 to go to a Rotary gathering where we sewed flags onto a big banner for Taiwan's 100th birthday parade. Met a couple more people from a different district. :] Later me and a couple others went to Zhongxiao Fuxing, then went to Taipei main station and hopped on the MRT to Danshui. Upon arriving we then decided after the hour long ride we didn't want to be there so we went back to Taipei main then to Ximen. Here we just walked around, went to a starbucks, and got sushi. When we were sure we'd stuffed ourselves silly we went to Taipei main again and went shopping with a classmate of mine. We went to a shop that was going out of business so everything was on sale! It was really cool, too. Everything was hand made and really pretty. I got a pair of hand painted vans for only 15 US dollars because I got the store clerk to like me and she lowered the price. She even gave me a pair of hand made earrings for free. Oh, it's good being me. :D

Hahh, tomorrow I'm getting up early to spend another morning with Rotary. Going hiking! Excited to get some exercise, that's for sure. It's with a bunch of old Rotarians so I'm sure it won't be too hardcore. Until next time! Hopefully it'll be sooner.

Tommy, if you're reading this, what kind of cheesecake did you get on your birthday? Love you and I hope you had fun!

3 comments:

  1. Post a pic of the new hairstyle. I assume you meant you got your bangs straightened? How long will the straightener last?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You rode an hour on the train, then decided you didn't want to get off, so you rode back?!! That's what I call killing time. I'm looking forward to seeing your Vans. Hold them up to the camera next time we Skype.
    Love and Miss you mucho,
    Mom
    PS: Tommy did NOT even eat any Cheesecake, cuz he was full, although the Cheesecake Factory did sing to him and brought him a little pudding, which he ate. I had the Pina Colada special edition cheesecake and Bob got the 30th anniversary triple chocolate cheesecake. MMMMmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We didn't decide to not get off! We got off, walked around, then decided it was too sketch so we left. xD

    Mmm, cheescake.

    ReplyDelete