Wednesday, March 30, 2011

誇張的輻射.

Home sick today. Figured that as I'm sitting around doing nothing waiting for Kill Bill to finish downloading, I might as well blog.. seeing as I haven't in what appears to be almost two months. Hah.

A lot has happened. Obviously. Unless you're not environmentally aware, you already know about the disasters that happened and are still happening in Japan. There are a lot of scares about radiation here in Taiwan and therefore many exchange students' parents, or themselves, are freaking out and going home. Most of the scare is rubbish and exaggeration, no radiation increase in Taiwan has been detected, so I won't be going home early. I have less than three months left now and unless something here blows up you'd have to force me home to leave before my time's up. That being said I am now extremely excited to go home. So excited. I love it here in Taiwan and love just about everything in Taipei, but half of my friends have gone home. I've already decided that I will be coming back to Taipei for a year or so for college, so these months won't be my last ones here either.

I'm changing host families next Tuesday and I'm more than just a little bit worried. I love my host family that I'm in right now and I'm scared to go back to a host family that doesn't like me. I've discussed it with my current host family and they told me they're taking me there to have lunch together and they'll tell them how good I am. It makes me less worried but not completely content. We'll just have to see. My third host family is also the farthest from my school. I have to take a bus, MRT, then bus again to get to school. We're talking one and a half to two hours here. 3-4 hours a day of commute. That's just ridiculous on Rotary's part for family/school location. I mean come on.

School's chill. We have our new Australian exchange student, Claire, with us and it's been fine with her. She's half Chinese so she doesn't get the same kind of experience and attention from the classmates as Kenese, Heitor and I do. She says she's enjoying herself here and it's good to learn Chinese, of course. It's also fun for me because I now have somebody to talk nerd with concerning the amazingness that is Lord of the Rings. She loves it too. :D

That's all I can think of for now. I promise there won't be another two month gap between blogs. ^^;

1 comment: